Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Message from the Chief of Police regarding the Refuse to be a Victim Seminar – Community Advisory

I want to thank all of our residents who attended the two sessions of the Refuse to be a Victim seminar. I hope all of you who attended walked away with valuable information. As I mentioned at each session, this was a pilot project. Your evaluations have proven to be invaluable in assessing the program. As I mentioned, this is normally a four hour program taught over two nights, or a half a day on Saturday. We were experimenting with this format in an effort to further evaluate and plan for future sessions, based on the overwhelming feedback for more seminars like this. I am therefore asking for further feedback. Please let me know how long you think these sessions should be and when. Please identify the top four topics we should cover more or did not cover enough or at all. Your input is very important to me.

Our instructor, Janice Hart, expressed her thanks for the warm welcome and very enthusiastic interactive audience that she worked with.

Please respond to me directly at ronaldr@takomagov.org. I look forward to hearing from you.