With the beginning of school in Takoma Park/Montgomery County on Monday, August 29th, here are some important tips to keep you safer:
1. Children: Always let your parents know where you are.
2. Always try to play or walk with friends.
3. Say NO if a stranger offers you gifts or asks you to help find something, like a lost dog.
4. If anyone, even someone you know, tries to do something that makes you feel “funny” or unsafe, say NO. And always tell someone you trust about it, like your parents or a teacher.
5. Never get into a car with a stranger or with someone you don’t trust.
6. Never go anywhere with a stranger or with someone you don’t trust.
7. Never believe a stranger until you have checked what he or she has said with someone you trust.
8. Never open the door to a stranger when you are home alone or to someone you don’t trust.
9. Never give any information to a stranger over the Internet or telephone.
10 Parents - please drive carefully around school buses and children.
Hopefully these are a few tips to help you stay safe.
Takoma Park Police wish you a very happy and safe return to school!